ONE FESTIVAL, FIVE NEIGHBOURHOODS – WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 21, 2011
Celebrate the longest night of the year on December 21, 2011 across Vancouver at the 18th Annual Winter Solstice Lantern Festival! Join family, friends and neighbours as they light their lanterns for the annual lantern procession through five of Vancouver’s unique neighbourhoods: East-Side, Yaletown, Granville Island, South-East False Creek and Chinatown – and enjoy performances, storytelling and the Labyrinth of Light in various locales.
• East-Side 6:00pm – 11:00pm @ the Britannia Community Centre: 1001 Cotton Drive, Vancouver (map) – Enjoy performances and storytelling at three neighbourhood homes, join the procession and experience the Labyrinth of Light.
• Yaletown 6:00pm – 10:00pm @ Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre: 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver (map)
• Granville Island 6:00pm – 10:00pm @ False Creek Community Centre: 1318 Cartwright Street, Vancouver (map) – Enjoy music and join one of three lantern processions. Afterwards see puppet shows and performances.
• South East False Creek 6:00pm – 11:00pm @ Creekside Community Centre: 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver (map) – Experience the Labyrinth of Light created with over 700 pure beeswax candles.
• Chinatown 6:00pm – 10:00pm @ Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Chinese Garden: 578 Carrall Street, Vancouver (map) – Enjoy an evening of bright lights, art, live music, tea and treats on the longest night of the year.
• Prepare for the Festival by attending lantern making workshops and drumming sessions in the five community centres hosting the Winter Solstice Lantern Festival
• Date of the Winter Solstice Lantern Festival December 21, 2011 6:00pm – 11:00pm by donation