WILL STROET, LUMEN PRINTS WORKSHOP WITH PHYLLIS SCHWARTS AND BOTANIMALOGY, ALL AT THE ARTSTARTS GALLERY THIS SATURDAY!!
Come to the ArtStarts Gallery on Saturday, April 27 for a whole day of fun. This Saturday the ArtStarts Gallery is hosting three exciting events. First event: Award-winning children’s entertainer Will Stroet connects with kids through high-energy, interactive and educational music in English and French. Will sings catchy songs about literacy, active living, sports, road safety, animals and multiculturalism – transforming ordinary topics into an extraordinary musical experience. Second event: A special visual arts workshop with Phyllis Schwartz, who will introduce kids to the magic of lumen prints. Third event: This Saturday is the first Saturday that Botanimalogy, the brand new exhibition in the ArtStarts Gallery will be open to the public. It’s going to be a fun day!!
• Celebrating BC Arts & Culture week with Will Stroet
• Saturday, April 27, 2013 @ 11:00am and 1:00pm (2 sessions) @ the ArtStarts Gallery (808 Richards Street at Robson) Free Event
LUMEN PRINTS WITH PHYLLIS SCHWARTZ
Create photos without a camera! Discover the beauty of lumen prints, a style of analog photography that can be used to document as well as create artistic renderings of botanical specimens. Workshop participants will have an opportunity to process a small print and watch how the print changes in fixer and during the drying process. Recommended for ages 5 and up.
• Celebrating BC Arts & Culture week with Phyllis Schwartz
• Saturday, April 27, 2013 from 2:00pm to 4:00pm @ the ArtStarts Gallery (808 Richards Street at Robson) Free Event
BOTANIMALOGY: EXPRESSIONS OF NATURE
How do today’s creative young minds experience the natural world? Discover how students from across BC, in Kindergarten to Grade 12, explore nature’s imprints with camera-less photography, express their identity through animal symbolism, research local birds with puppet-making and theatre, communicate their concerns for the environment in their own short films, and more.
PROJECTS EXHIBITED IN BOTANIMALOGY AT THE ARTSTARTS GALLERY:
• M V Beattie Elementary, Enderby: “A Bird’s Eye View of Enderby” by Grade 3 students, with artists Cathy Stubington and Julie Ross
• Arrow Lakes School District, Nakusp: “Patterns and Geometry in Nature” by Grade K-11 students, with artist Morgan Bardati
• Peterson Road Elementary, Langley: “Embracing Me” by Grade 5-7 students, with artist Anastasia Hendry
• South Broadview Elementary, Salmon Arm: “Our Community Sky” by Grade 1-5 students, with artist Zev Tiefenbach
• Kitsilano Secondary School, Vancouver: “Botanical Traces: Lumen Prints and the Environment” by Grade 11-12 students, with artist Phyllis Schwartz
• Prince of Wales Secondary, Vancouver: “Digital Media Workshop “ by Grade 10 students, with Pacific Cinemateque
• April 23 to August 31, 2013
The ArtStarts Gallery is the first in Canada devoted exclusively to young people’s art. Since the gallery opened in 2006, their exhibitions have celebrated the exciting artwork that emerges when students, educators and professional artists work together to deepen learning, creativity and community connections. The exhibitions often showcase the inspiring work resulting from ArtStarts’ Artists in the Classroom program, which supports opportunities for schools to work directly with professional artists to learn in and through the arts. ArtStarts on Saturdays is a free workshop series for families at the downtown gallery that features 45-minute, multi-disciplinary, culturally diverse workshops with some of the best children’s artists.
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Vancouver Real Estate. 778.991.5881 email@example.com