The Pearson Dogwood project introduces Cambie Gardens by Onni. Cambie Gardens by Onni will be home to people of different incomes, ages and abilities, have good access to transit, jobs and services and be well served by community amenities and health facilities such as a Community Health Centre, a therapeutic pool, childcare and recreational facilities. These amenities will help create a social heart for the site and provide for existing and future needs. The community will be highly accessible and provide a spectrum of housing options with a target of achieving 20% of all units as affordable housing. All affordable housing units will be rental, comprised of family and non-family units and secured with a Housing Agreement. Health-related housing for persons with disabilities and frail seniors will be based on best-practice worldwide and designed in consultation with the respective communities.
The Pearson Dogwood project introduces a new standard of living on Vancouver’s West Side. Cambie Gardens by Onni encompasses a flawless harmony of architecture, green space, and connectivity in one master-planned community. Welcome to life in the new heart of the city.
Also part of the Pearson Dogwood project is a new, underground Canada Line station at Cambie and 57th, a new therapeutic pool and an expanded community health centre. Other amenities planned are adult and child daycare, 1.6 hectares of green space and community gardens.
The approved mixed-use development of the Pearson Dogwood site at 500-650 West 57th Avenue will include:
· approximately 2,700 residential units totalling 250,619 sq. m (2,697,732 sq. ft.), including 361 turnkey social housing units and land available to construct 179 social housing units
· approximately 114 Pearson supportive units totalling 8,430 sq. m (90,744 sq. ft.)
· 12,196 sq. m (131,281 sq. ft.) of commercial space
· 19,835 sq. m (213,514 sq. ft.) of health related facilities including a community health centre and complex residential care facility
· a 69-space childcare
· a new adult day centre
· a new therapy pool
· a 2.5 acre public park
· a 1 acre urban farm
· a height of 91.0 metres (299 feet) and
· a floor space ratio (FSR) of 2.83.
The proposed site master plan embodies the principles of Complete Community planning, intertwining health, recreation, retail, and employment uses with housing diversity and affordability.
At the heart of the development is an extensive park and open space system, which includes: a new 2.5 acre City Park (to be designed later through a City-led process); a 1 acre urban farm; the large Pearson Plaza; the High Street Commons, a north-south open space that ties the Pearson Dogwood site to Langara Gardens to the north; and the Cambie Walk retail plaza, which extends from the central open space area to the proposed transit station at 57th Avenue and Cambie Street.
In addition, the open space network is complemented by diagonal pathways through the development blocks in all four corners of the site, providing excellent porosity and movement to and from the proposed transit station to the northeast, the Cambie Corridor, and schools and recreation facilities to the west.
Housing affordability and diversity will be a hallmark of the Pearson project, integrating a variety of people with differing incomes and abilities throughout the site. Affordable and accessible housing units will be included in multiple buildings across the site, with almost half of the replacement units for Pearson residents included in phase 1. In addition, a new 144- bed Complex Residential Care facility will be developed for residents with significant health care needs.
In addition to affordable housing, market housing will include a significant number of larger units (2 and 3 bedrooms), appropriate for families with children. Opportunities for improving affordability of market units will be explored, which may include providing units with modest finishes.
Amenities for new residents and the surrounding community will be plentiful, creating a community and social hub that will extend well beyond the project boundary. A primary component of the amenities includes new health facilities: a Community Health Centre, serving the health needs of all residents in south Vancouver; an Adult Daycare, which will provide a range of health, social stimulation and therapeutic recreational programs; and a new Therapeutic Pool, replacing the existing Stan Stronge Pool. In addition, the ‘health’ aspect of the plan is interwoven throughout the various programmatic elements, including:
· Possible areas of solitude and contemplation in the new City Park
· A large car-free wellness zone and additional walkways throughout the site, ensuring all residents, despite mobility challenges or preferences, can experience the outdoors in a safe, accessible and secure environment
· A new YMCA facility, which will provide options for health and fi tness for residents in the greater community
· Gardening in community garden plots on development parcels, as well as therapeutic gardening for residents with disabilities as part of the new urban farm
· Healthy food options could be a component of the new urban farm production supplying Vancouver Coastal Health
· Edible landscaping, which will provide food options for residents while increasing awareness about what types of food are available during the growing season in Vancouver’s coastal climate
· A Community Kitchen, which will allow residents and neighbours the ability to come together to create and share healthy meals, provide food for those who are less fortunate, while also learning about healthy food options and
· Possible opportunities for farming mentorship / education as a component of the urban farm, which could extend to nearby schools, specific user groups and/or the general public to increase food security and awareness throughout the neighbourhood and beyond.
Furthermore, social health and well-being will be increased through the programming of the various open spaces, providing a variety of options for residents to meet one another, and come together to socialize and learn about each other’s cultures, with the intent of decreasing social exclusion and enhancing social support networks.
A 69-space Child Daycare will be included providing a local option for families to ensure their young children are well cared for in close proximity to their homes. The child daycare will have immediate access to rooftop outdoor play areas, as well as the ability to access the adjacent open spaces in a safe, car-free environment.
Lastly, the plan includes a signifi cant amount of local-serving retail, including a proposed grocery store, which will provide shopping and service amenities for new residents and those surrounding the site.
Taken together, the plan represents a complete and healthy community, with opportunities for residents to work, shop and play right outside their front door, in a safe, pedestrian-oriented environment.
Building Name: Cambie Gardens
Address: 650 W 57th Avenue, Vancouver BC
Developer: Onni Group of Companies
Architect: IBI Group Architects
Interior Design: N/A
Year Built: N/A
Unit Sizes: N/A
Levels: Multiple 3 to 28-storey residential buildings
Property Type: Residential, Commercial
Deposit Structure: N/A
Cost/Square Foot: N/A
Monthly Maintenance: N/A
Cost To Purchase Parking: N/A
Cost To Purchase Storage: N/A
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Cambie Gardens, floor plans & pricing.
email@example.com MLA Realty 778.991.5881
Please take a moment to fill in the form below so I can keep you updated on Cambie Gardens as more information comes in. Pricing and more detailed information will be released shortly or simply revisit Vancouver4life.com to check for more updates.
E.&.O.E. This is not an offering for sale. Such offering may be made by Disclosure Statement only.