Diverse cultures come together to live work and play in this world-class community. Run on the seawall, catch the SkyTrain downtown, explore the local art galleries or cycle the greenway: From the False Creek Flats you can do it all. At the corner of Great Northern Way and Thorton Avenue, CANVAS neighbours the future Emily Carr University of Art + Design and the Centre for Digital Media. Connected to the city by the Central Valley Greenway and the SkyTrain, this is the city’s new bright side. All homes INCLUDE 1 Parking Stall + 1 Storage Locker – ask me about the EARLY BUYER BONUS FOR THE FIRST 50 DEALS!!!
STUDIO | 495 to 675 sf | Starting from $269,900
1 BEDROOM | 470 to 920 sf | Starting from $249,900
1 BEDROOM+FLEX | 580 to 780 sf | Starting from $349,900
1 BEDROOM+FLEX+STORAGE | 605 to 620 sf | Starting from $369,900
2 BEDROOM | 735 to 975 sf | Starting from $439,900
2 BEDROOM+FLEX | 895 to 960 sf | Starting from $539,900
Designed by gBL Architects, this modern building is a contemporary take on the community focused building. Warm, approachable and located directly on the Central Valley Greenway, CANVAS will reflect the vibrancy of the nieghourhood and provide spaces for neighbours to meet and mingle.
Clad in corrugated metal and studded with splashes of colour, CANVAS is totally in tune with the neighbours at the False Creek Flats. Inside meets outside with a lush, green landscaped communal courtyard between the two buildings, and private rooftop patios. Artfully designed by gBL Architects, CANVAS is modern, inspired living. Set in the hub of a dynamic neighbhourhood, the building reflects the vibrancy of the area with welcoming communal spaces for sharing and entertaining.
Meet and mingle with your neighbours in the communal courtyard, the artist gallery, the collective workshop space or in the fully equipped fitness centre. Step out your front door and hop on your bike – the Central Valley Greenway is at your doorstep and ready to connect you to all your favourite spots on a safe and dedicated bike lane.
CANVAS homes are designed to give you maximum freedom to express yourself: open concept studios, one and two bedrooms with linear kitchens, in two buildings connected by a green, open air courtyard.
• Modern design by gBL Architects featuring corrugated metal, splashes of colour and private roof top patios
• Situated on the Great Northern Way Campus, home to the Centre for Digital media and future Emily Carr University of Art + Design
• Walking distance to the waterfront and transit stations
• Lush central courtyard divides the site which is located across from a future communal green space
Within the CANVAS framework there is room for expression with interiors that provide the perfect backdrop to your own personal style. Every home is full of clean lines and modern materials, from the stone countertops and frameless glass shower enclosures to the contemporary flat-panel wood cabinetry and quality European flooring. Efficiently designed kitchens are outfitted with high performance appliances and are perfectly appointed for culinary inspiration. This is the blank canvas you’ve been waiting for.
• Warm and inviting designer colour schemes, Sunset and Sunrise
• European made commercial-grade, wide-plank laminate flooring throughout entry, living, flex space, and kitchen.
• Berber style stain-resistant carpeting throughout bedrooms and walk-in closets
• Horizontal 1″ white venetian blinds on all exterior windows
• Flat painted ceilings
• Ample in-suite storage with multiple over-sized closets featuring contemporary flat-panel doors and melamine built-in shelving
• Modern brushed chrome door hardware
• Contemporary flat profile painted baseboards and door casings
• High-efficiency Whirlpool Energy Star rated front-loading washer & Energuide rated dryer
• Designer chosen, low VOC paints and sealants used throughout the development
• Modern glass sliding doors separate the bedroom and living space in some homes
• Luxury brand stainless steel appliances –
• KitchenAid, 30″ wide, fridge with full extension bottom mount freezer drawer
• KitchenAid high output, 5 burner gas cooktop
• KitchenAid 30″ stainless steel wall oven with Even-Heat ™ technology and glass-touch display
• KitchenAid Energy Star rated stainless steel dishwasher with fully integrated controls
• KitchenAid 30″ 1000 watt microwave hood combination oven with 2 cu ft capacity
• 1 1/2″ double nose composite stone countertops
• European inspired, custom flat panel wood cabinets with rift-cut oak veneer face, featuring wood gables and island backs
• Contemporary white gloss upper cabinetry
• Premium cabinet hardware including imported modern pulls and soft close mechanism on all drawers and doors
• Over-height tile backsplash
• Stainless steel under-mounted Franke sink with in-sink disposal
• Polished chrome Kohler faucet with extractable spray
• Under-cabinet puck lighting to illuminate workspace
• Track lighting
• 12″ x 24″ imported porcelain floor tile
• Nuheat heated flooring system in primary bathroom
• Wood veneer cabinetry with brushed chrome door hardware
• Composite countertops with matching 6″ high backsplash
• Oversized mirror with contemporary light fixture
• Under-mount wash basin with WaterSense Certified single handle chrome faucet
• Frameless glass shower enclosure and door with mosaic-tiled base, high gloss wall tile to ceiling and a shower niche
• WaterSense Certified tri-function Kohler shower head and pressure-balanced shower controls
• Linear-style deep soaker tub with tiled front
• Polished chrome bathroom accessories
• WaterSense Certified water-conserving Kohler toilet
• Exclusive to homeowners – nearly 4,000 sf of amenity space including:
• Professionally-equipped fitness centre
• Flexible artist gallery space
• A large, collective workshop space
• Communal outdoor courtyard oasis with lush green landscaping, a fire pit and garden plots
• Outdoor children’s play area
SAFETY + SECURITY
• Safety features incorporated through a comprehensive CPTED Analysis that identifies measures for Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design – some of which include:
• Electronic key-fob controlled access at all building entry points
• Controlled underground parkade with secured entry gates, ample lighting and closed circuit camera
• All homes prewired for in-suite security systems
• Solid core suite entry door with anodized lock set and peephole
• State-of-the-art fire protection including sprinklers and smoke detectors in every suite
Canvas is the next bright idea coming to the False Creek Flats. At the crossroads of the city, Canvas is walking distance to the seawall, transit and restaurants, while neighbouring the Great Northern Way Campus and future Emiyl Carr University of Art + Design.
The Greenway – The Central Valley Greenway, a 24 km bike-friendly trail is right at your doorstep, inviting you to explore the city on two wheels.
The Culture – Explore the galleries of The Flats, shop the Main Street boutiques or grab a fresh pint at the soon-to-be-open Red Truck Brewery just down the street.
The Campus – Canvas neighbours the Great Northern Way Campus, home to the Centre for Digital Media and the future home of Emily Carr University of Art + Design.
Building Name: Canvas
Address: 396 1st Avenue, Vancouver, V5T 1A7
Developer: Onni Group of Companies
Architect: GBL Architects
Interior Design: N/A
Year Built: Estimated Completion in March 2016
Prices: From $269,900 to over $539,900
Unit Sizes: From 470 sf to 975 sf
Property Type: Residential
Area: Vancouver East
Neighbourhood: SourthEast False Creek
Deposit Structure: 5% Down Upon Writing, 5% Within 60 Days from Acceptance, 5% Within 270 Days of Acceptance, 5% Within 540 Days of Acceptance
Cost/Square Foor: N/A
Monthly Maintenance: N/A
Cost To Purchase Parking: Parking Included in Purchase Price
Cost To Purchase Storage: Storage Included in Purchase Price
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Canvas, floor plans & pricing.
firstname.lastname@example.org TAC Real Estate Corp. 778.991.5881
Please take a moment to fill in the form below so I can keep you updated on Canvas as more information comes in. Pricing and more detailed information will be released shortly or simply revisit Vancouver4life.com to check for more updates.
This is not an offering for sale. Such offering may be made by Disclosure Statement only.