FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS 2013 | VANCOUVER’S ANNUAL TRADITION!
During December, VanDusen Garden is decorated with hundreds of thousands of lights for the Festival of Lights. Enjoy the twinkling lights and light show, take a stroll down Candy Cane Lane, hear the sweet sounds of caroling, take photos with Santa (Dec 11-24), and get in to the spirit of the season.
• Dancing Lights on Livingstone Lake: starting at 4:30 p.m. Two different shows – one show on the half hour and a different one at the top of the hour. Two different shows repeating in sequence throughout the evening.
• Photos with Santa and the backdrop of a million twinkling lights: Dec. 11 – 24
• Svend and Jens, our Scandinavian Christmas Gnomes appear nightly in three performance areas
• Mischievous Grinch and his secret hut
• Shadow puppet performance by the talented duo Mind of a Snail
• Community Choirs on the Performance Stage (Dec. 11 – 20)
• VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir on the Performance Stage (Dec. 21)
• The Christmas Revelers on the Performance Stage (Dec. 22 and 23)
• Make-a-Wish Candle Grotto
• Candy Cane Express model train
• Make-A-Wish ‘Room of Joy’ featuring a Parade of Lego creations by the Vancouver Lego Club
• Special themed areas; Gingerbread Wood, Golden Chain Walk, Candy Cane Lane
• Media partner – CBC
2013 HOURS & ADMISSIONS
December 11, 2013 through January 4, 2014, 4:30 to 9 p.m. each evening, except December 25th when the Garden is closed. A magical experience for the whole family with 1.4 million twinkling lights. For the duration of the Festival, the Garden, Garden Shop and Truffles Café will be open 10am to 3pm. The doors will re-open at 4:30pm for the show for Festival of Lights patrons only.
From November 1, avoid the line-up and purchase advance tickets through Tickets Tonight 604.684.2787 (service charge applies) or in person at the Admissions Desk in the Visitor Centre (no service charge) as of November 1. Tickets make a great stocking stuffer or gift for friends, co-workers or clients.
• Adult (19-64): $14.50
• Senior (65+): $10.50
• Youth (13-18): $10.50
• Child (3-12): $7.75
• Family (2 adults + children age 18 and under): $32.50
• VanDusen Members: $11.25
• VanDusen Family Members: $27.25
• Prices include taxes
• Available at Tickets Tonight, Admissions Desk or at the gate
• www.vandusengarden.org or call the Information Line 604-257-8335 press 12.
• Dinner nightly at Shaughnessy Restaurant, reservations recommended 604-261-0011
• Truffles Café, casual dining in the new Visitor Centre, no reservations 604-267-4966
• Dr. Waffle – variety of waffles, cookies, popcorn, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, water, pop – cash only.
• Cin City Donuts – mini donuts & toppings, hot chocolate, coffee, tea – cash only.
• Shaughnessy’s Santa’s Kitchen & Santa’s Lounge – hot mulled wine, french fries, poutine, hot dogs, smokies, kettlecorn, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, coffee – cash only.
• Truffles Hot Chocolate Tent – BBQ smokies, soup, chili, popcorn, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, water, pop. – cash or credit accepted
visit us on Flickr to see more photos from the opening night at vandusen garden festival of lights
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Vancouver Real Estate 778.991.5881 email@example.com