HALLOWEEN FUN IN STANLEY PARK
FEE FI FO FUN
The Stanley Park Halloween Ghost train presents Scary Fairy Tales from 5 October to 31 October.
SCARY FAIRY TALES
The train has left the station and there’s no turning back! You’re in the deep dark woods now! Might as well just bite the apple, hang on to your beanstalk and spot as many golden eggs as you can. Come see what’s crawling up Rapunzel’s hair?…and why the fairy Godmother looks so..hungry?.. and if the Pied Piper really thinks you’re going to follow him into that tunnel? Just remember..never trust the trolls and never, ever, look up to a witch..unless she’s 12 feet tall!
Learn about the night creatures of Stanley Park with hands on activities by Stanley Park Ecology Society (SPES). For an additional fee, lantern-lit wildlife walks are available Thursday to Sunday. Visit the SPES website for more information.
FREE PARKING AND AFFORDABLE FAMILY FUN
For the price of a train ticket, riders can also enjoy crafts, pumpkin carving, a costume contest, and the Haunted Castle. Face painting is also available by donation.
GET OUT OF THE RAIN AND HOP ON THE TRAIN
The Stanley Park Ghost Train is fully covered and protected from the rainy and windy autumn nights.
• 5th October to 31st October
• Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoons* 11:00am to 3:00pm*
• Sunday to Thursday nights 6:00pm to 10:00pm
• Sunday to Thursday nights 6:00pm to 11:00pm
• Note: The Halloween Ghost Train will NOT be running on Thanksgiving Monday, 8 October 2012
• *Matinee Train
• A special Matinee Train runs every Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday.
• Trains run from 11am to 3pm, with a special “train only” price of $5.00 per rider (all ages).
• Enjoy our special Halloween-themed train ride and static displays (no live actors for matinees).
• Contact in advance if you would like to book a large group.
You must buy tickets to ride the train. Your ticket is valid for one Ghost Train ride and other attractions. Avoid the crowds and come out Monday to Thursday in the first two weeks.
BUYING TICKETS IN ADVANCE
• This is a very popular event, so buy tickets in advance from Ticketmaster to avoid disappointment. Services charges will apply.
• You can buy tickets from Ticketmaster any time up until 9:00am of the day you wish to ride the train except on Sundays when Ticketmaster is closed. You can buy Sunday train tickets up to 9:00am the Saturday before you wish to ride.
• Hint: If you are trying to buy tickets online and all the times you check are sold out, phone Ticketmaster. Agents can let you know what dates and times still have tickets available.
• Tickets will be available on 1 September.
WAYS TO BUY
• By phone at: 1.855.985.5000
• In person at: any Ticketmaster outlet
• Buy online
BUYING SAME DAY TICKETS
• At least half of the tickets for each day’s train rides are set aside and only available for purchase on-site, at the Stanley Park Train Plaza. The booth opens at 3:00pm daily, and tickets sold there are only for that day’s train rides.
• If advanced tickets through Ticketmaster are sold out, there may still be tickets for sale at the Stanley Park Train Plaza.
PRICE OF ADMISSION
• Prices do not include HST.
• Adult (19-64 yrs) $9.82
• Children and youth ages 3-18 $6.25
• Children 2 yrs and younger Free
• Seniors (ages 65+) $6.25
• Would you like to bring a larger group to the Stanley Park Halloween Ghost Train?
• If you have a corporate group of 50 people or more that you would like to bring down to the Ghost Train, please call: 604.257.8530.
The entire site is wheelchair accessible, and the train has a specially designed carriage that accommodates up to two wheelchairs with seating for companions. Staff will help passengers in need of assistance board the train.
SNACKS AND GHOST TRAIN DINNER PACKAGES
• Snacks, hot and cold drinks and light meals are available at the Railway Café concession stand. The Stanley Park Ecology Society sells hot buttered popcorn from its Cob House in the plaza.
• For a more substantial meal, there are Ghost Train dinner packages available with the Old Spaghetti Factory. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster. Call the Spaghetti Factory and make reservations in advance.
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Vancouver Real Estate. 778.991.5881 email@example.com