LET YOUR BRIGHT LIGHT SHINE!
This year, Illuminares is a celebration of the light within us – of togetherness and creativity, sustainability and artistic expression, of rebirth and new beginnings. Illuminares is about you and your community. As participants, you are integral in making this beloved community event happen and our hope is that Public Dreams inspires you to create, to imagine and to participate. For 24 years, you’ve been the true architects and creators of Illuminares, and we’re once again creating a platform for you to showcase your creativity and Let Your Bright Light Shine!
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
• Make a lantern – Anyone can do it! We’re offering a plethora of lantern making workshops, so please scroll down for descriptions and schedules. Can’t make it out to the workshops, no problem! Make a lantern at home with these easy instructions: http://bitly.com/milkcartonlantern. Invite your friends over and make a party out of it! New this year is the addition of several workshops on giant puppet building, community choir and backlit tempera painting. Descriptions and schedules are below.
• Donate – As a charity, Public Dreams needs your support to return Illuminares to its birthplace. By donating today, you will help to ensure that festival production and city costs are covered. Please be generous when you see our donation volunteers on the site. Your gift will help us to create the magic of Illuminares again next year.
• Volunteer – There are many volunteer opportunities for the event. If you have some time to spare, we’d love to have you. Fill out our volunteer form or send an email to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you. In exchange for your volunteer contribution, you will be able to access our Illuminares workshops free-of-charge.
Saturday, July 21st, 2012
6:00pm to 10:30pm
Admission: $5 donation
• Illuminares is our gift to the community. If you love the event and see value in the work that we do, please make a financial contribution. All funds raised will help sustain Public Dreams so we can produce Illuminares’ 25th anniversary next year.
• For your convenience, donations can be made at the entry gate at Victoria and 15th or at any of the four information tents. We’ll also have a group of roving ambassadors who will be identifiable with Illuminares name tags.
• Payment options: all admissions/donations, lantern sales and food vendors are CASH ONLY. We will have an ATM on site for your convenience.
• Location: Trout Lake/John Hendry Park, Victoria Drive at East 15th Avenue
• Parking: there will be NO PARKING at Trout Lake or in the surrounding neighbourhood. If you choose to drive, you will be tearing your hair out trying to find a parking space. Tow trucks will be out in full force. Save yourself the hassle and walk, transit or cycle to the park. The nearest Skytrain station is Commercial Drive.
• Food: you’re welcome to bring your own food and there will be food vendors and concessions on site (cash only). Please be mindful of your waste and help preserve the natural beauty of the park.
• Park bylaws ban smoking and alcohol within the park. You may be subject to search by Vancouver Police.
via public dreams
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Vancouver Real Estate. 778.991.5881 firstname.lastname@example.org