This year, marking its 15th year, the Interior Design Show Vancouver 2019 (IDS) is announcing a world-class line-up based around the timely themes of food, sustainability, and accessible design. Taking place September 26-29 at the Vancouver Convention Centre West, IDS is the largest design fair on the west coast of North America.
Among this year’s key exhibits is Edible Futures: Food For Tomorrow, a travelling design installation that encourages visitors to take a fresh look at food, its impact on the world, and how individuals can help shape consumption and sustainability. Presented by the Dutch Institute of Food & Design, it makes its Vancouver debut at IDS.
This year’s IDS also welcomes a number of well-known Canadian retailers among the exhibitors, including two beloved Canadian companies, EQ3 and Urban Barn.
“At IDS Vancouver, we focus on featuring the best in design from around the world,” says IDS Director, Jody Phillips. “And great design doesn’t have to be expensive, intimidating or exclusive. There’s a lot of exciting design happening right here in Vancouver, and in Canada as a whole.”
Other key features include:
· An Instagram-worthy entrance feature by UK-based graphic artist Emily Forgot and sponsored by Benjamin Moore, with eye-popping colours, shapes, and spaces.
· Exclusive to IDS Vancouver and available in limited quantities at the door, a special Herschel X Bensen tote to commemorate IDS Vancouver’s 15th year.
· The District, IDS’s popular must-stop shopping strip, offering products from local creators including iconic candles from Vancouver Candle Company; Urbanwalls’ eye-catching decals and wallpaper; Low Poly Crafts’ do-it-yourself art pieces; and modern handcrafted jewellery from designer Karen Konzuk.
· The Central Bar – where show visitors are invited to relax – made of salvaged and recyclable building material, designed constructed by Vancouver companies, Measured Architecture, Unbuilders, and Powers Construction.
· Seeds, by Dutch designer Marije Vogelzang and sponsored by solid surface manufacturer Caesarstone, an art installation boasting a fairy tale landscape of floor to ceiling ribbons, it depicts a seed’s journey from kernel to table.
IDS Vancouver is also known for bringing some of Canada’s best-known design talent to the speaker’s podium. This year’s guests include House & Home’s founder and publisher Lynda Reeves, West Coast designer Kelly Deck, and Great Canadian Baking Show judge Bruno Feldeisen, among other notable designers and food experts.
“IDS strives to exceed its history every year,” says Phillips, “and I certainly think we’re primed to achieve that in 2019. Whether you’re interested in food, art or design, or just want to pick up a few tips or a few products, this year’s event really has something for everyone.”
About IDS Vancouver
The Interior Design Show is Vancouver’s premier showcase of new products and furniture, superstar designers, and avant-garde concepts from North America and beyond. Connecting talent, story and substance, IDS Vancouver creates space to ignite design innovation, foster discourse, and celebrate tradition. Now entering its 15th year, the design fair has grown to include diverse programming and workshops for youth, for the design trade, and for the public through collaborative installations and experiences both off-site and on. IDS Vancouver also participates at other international fairs year long as a way to profile regional talent and connect with the international design community.
· Thursday, September 26, 2019 | 7:00pm – 11:00pm | Open to the public (19+)
· Friday, September 27, 2019 | 9:30am – 5:30pm | Only open to the trade
· Saturday, September 28, 2019 | 10:00am – 6:00pm | Open to the public
· Sunday, September 29, 2019 | 10:00am – 5:00pm | Open to the public
· Vancouver Convention Centre | West Building
· 1055 Canada Place
· Vancouver, BC V6C 0C3
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more detailed information on Vancouver Real Estate.
firstname.lastname@example.org MLA Realty 778.991.5881