This year’s 10th annual Interior Design Show West is just fantastic! It is an event that can not – and should not be missed by anyone who loves and is inspired art, furniture, interior design, sculptures, colors and ooooo, so much more! Your eyes will feast on shapes and colors and you will get so many fantastic ideas for your home or perhaps gifts for your clients or loved ones. From jewelery, to rugs, to plants, to paintings, to lamps, to all kinds of fun and funky furniture …. you will find everything your heart desires in this amazing show not to mention meeting so many talented designers and artists!
All the design enthusiasts from far and wide were invited to come to Vancouver to experience what’s up-and-coming in the world of design and to learn from the wealth of creative talent that are amassed under one roof! This year IDS West has expanded their reach to showcase exhibits, designers and products from Amsterdam, London, New York, Italy, Montreal, Toronto, Portland, San Francisco, Nevada, Los Angeles and more – not to mention the wealth of emerging and established local talent. The show runs from September 25th to 28th, 2014 so for those who have not made it yet, it is an event you must definitely put on your “To Visit” list this weekend” 🙂
The Interior Design Show West (IDSwest) is Western Canada’s annual premiere residential design show featuring 250 exhibitors showcasing quality products and services to an audience of industry professionals, architects, designers, consumers and media.
Launched in 2004 under the original name of Design Vancouver, as recognition to the gap in the West Coast Design market, this event created a successful forum to present current, design forward products and services to consumers and trade professionals. Tracking its growing success the show was purchased in early 2007 by Chicago-based Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. (MMPI) and most recently by Informa Canada in 2012, one of the world’s leading trade and consumer show producers. Within its stable of other Canadian properties are the Interior Design Show (IDS) in Toronto, One of a Kind Shows, IIDEX Neocon Canada, Construct Canada and BUILDEX. The event has since been re-branded as the Interior Design Show West – the West Coast version of the established Toronto based Interior Design Show (IDS). This association has successfully contributed to an increased exhibitor base, exciting special features, a broader speaker program, trade only times, and an ever expanding compliment of design experiences.
Annually the show continues to grow in size, importance and reputation and in 2013 welcomed over 35,000 visitors. IDSwest 2014 will continue to showcase the best in international and local design underlining that Vancouver continues to be one of the strongest real estate and construction markets in Canada.
IDSwest attracts 35,000+ attendees over 3 1/2 days. This includes 5,000 guests to the The Party On Opening Night, 6,000 designers, architects, buyers, builders/developers and other industry professionals during trade day, and an additional 25,000 consumers interested in design.
25,000+ avid design enthusiasts looking, sourcing and shopping for design products and services:
• 70% female
• 75% homeowners
• 80% of attendees between the age of 25 and 54
• Average household income is over $120,000, with 10% earning over $200,000 per year
• 60% live in the City of Vancouver and 93% reside in the Greater Vancouver area
• 74% have received post secondary degrees
• Over 40% of attendees plan to remodel or refurnish the following rooms in the next 6 months – Living, Bed, Bath rooms, and over 31% plan a kitchen renovation.
• Design was rated as the most important aspect when purchasing home furnishings.
Writers from The Vancouver Sun, Azure Magazine, Homes & Living, Western Living, Design Quarterly, House and Home Media, The Georgia Straight, The Westender, Xtra West, The Globe & Mail, National Post, Gray Magazine, The Huffington Post, Global Television, City TV’s Breakfast Television, and many other outlets, attend and cover the IDSwest event.
Participation is open to manufacturers, distributors, importers, retailers, designers and others interested in marketing, selling and promoting Canadian and International products and services for the design industry.
NEW LAUNCHES AT IDSWEST
• Architecture at Play – The Architecture Foundation of British Columbia (AFBC) celebrates 100 years of architecture in the province. As part of the anniversary celebrations, AFBC has launched the 100 Best Buildings contest; until September 28, BC residents can vote online for their favourite, with the winning buildings announced later in the Fall.
As part of the anniversary display, and through the generosity of supporters such as Green Oak Development, the AFBC has commissioned “Architecture at Play”, a red cedar play structure handcrafted by Permanent Pole’s Art Paul. Following IDSwest, the structure will be donated and permanently installed in the village of Laxgalts’ap, BC, one of many northern communities in need of play facilities for children.
• Bertjan Pot’s Prop Light – Internationally influential designer Bertjan Pot will bring his Prop Light to IDSwest for its Canadian debut. Bertjan’s Random Light by Moooi has proven to be one of the most enduring lighting designs in recent years, and IDSwest invites design aficionados to familiarize themselves with the Prop Light, and judge for themselves if it has enough appeal to become a classic.
• Jan Kath – In the world premiere of his new Angles collection, Jan Kath of Finlay and Kath Inc, will present never-before-seen pieces fresh off the loom, just weeks prior to the Canadian launch of his international design house in Vancouver. Finlay and Kath Inc. is one of the world’s most in-demand designers of hand-knotted carpets. Incorporating classic elements from Oriental carpets and combining them with contemporary, minimalist design, Jan’s creations break from convention. View the brand new collection at IDSwest.
• Martha Sturdy – Martha will exhibit her signature resin and steel pieces, including furniture and fine art. Martha has chosen IDSwest as the platform for the launch of two exciting new collections! What remains to be seen is whether she will introduce more of her fabulous furniture or a new line of wearable sculpture… Visit Martha’s exhibit at IDSwest to find out.
• PLACE by Barter Design Co. – IDSwest’s 10th anniversary entrance feature, PLACE celebrates the beauty of Canada’s West Coast. Journey through the natural and human features that define us, from towering timbers to refined objects, and experience BC’s history, the richness of our resources and the depth of our design skill.
• The Very Hush Hush Trailer – A silver Airstream trailer will stop at IDSwest to showcase the work of independent designers from BC. Designers Tracy Fillion and Cathy Terepocki travel across Western Canada with the trailer, which has been retrofitted into a roving gallery and shop carrying a range of one-of-a-kind housewares, jewellery and accessories created by local talent.
• Umbra Shift – A brand-new collection of housewares, Shift revisits Umbra’s roots to celebrate functional, beautiful design. Focusing on contemporary influences, Umbra Shift is a collection of thoughtfully-designed everyday items created by a roster of established and emerging designers, including this year’s winner of the RBC Emerging Designer Award, Lukas Peet. Lukas’s award-winning asymmetrical candlesticks will be on display at IDSwest.
• Whole New Home – Clients connect with design professionals in Whole New Home, a hub for finding bright ideas to add style and value to your home. Your own personal Design Buddy will put you in touch with approved pros, and can recommend local providers to help you score you the best prices and services and get the job done right.
• Working Lunch by Nidi – While exploring IDSwest, Working Lunch will be the ideal spot to develop ideas, discuss with friends or chat with your interior designer while enjoying a bit to eat. In Working Lunch, IDSwest will see the Canadian launch of Italian brand Nidi, Design Spaces for Children. The sleek and functional esthetic will be showcased in this feature that serves as an onsite hub for brainstorming and collaboration.
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more detailed information on Vancouver Real Estate.
firstname.lastname@example.org TAC Real Estate Corp. 778.991.5881