The Interior Design Show West (IDSwest) celebrates its 11th year in 2015 as the Pacific platform for all things design and is honoured to welcome individual designers, artists, makers and design-centric brands who have come together in Vancouver to showcase their current works, concepts and products. The annual show is the largest design event in the West and draws over 35,000 design enthusiasts, architects and designers from California to Alaska, who explore over 250 exhibits of the latest home and lifestyle products and services.
In addition to experiencing installations and features, there will also be opportunities to hear from some of the design world’s most notable and talented personalities and connect with a long list of world-class designers that either call Vancouver home, or call on Vancouver for inspiration.
The Pacific Northwest has experienced a major design boom that has been especially embraced in Vancouver, where the design community has become vast and mighty. Now in its eleventh year, IDSwest has had the upmost privilege of seeing it grow, supporting its members and championing it the world over. Please join IDSWEST in September to celebrate the creative and collaborative energy of the West Coast.
IDSWEST CHARITABLE PARTNER – OUT IN SCHOOLDS
Now in its 10th year, Out in Schools is an invitational film education program, offering students the chance to develop and deepen their understanding of the experiences of LGBTQ youth, the impacts of discrimination and exclusion, and what they can do to foster cultures of inclusion within their classrooms and schools. Out in Schools workshops have planted the seeds of belonging for our queer youth throughout the province in more than 33 school districts with nearly 60,000 students. Donate to Out in Schools by purchasing tickets online or onsite.
Launched in 2004 under the original name of Design Vancouver, as recognition to the gap in the West Coast Design market, this event created a successful forum to present current, design forward products and services to consumers and trade professionals. Tracking its growing success the show was purchased in early 2007 by Chicago-based Merchandise Mart Properties Inc. (MMPI) and most recently by Informa Canada in 2012, one of the world’s leading trade and consumer show producers. Within its stable of other Canadian properties are the Interior Design Show (IDS) in Toronto, One of a Kind Shows, IIDEX Neocon Canada, Construct Canada and BUILDEX. The event has since been re-branded as the Interior Design Show West – the West Coast version of the established Toronto based Interior Design Show (IDS). This association has successfully contributed to an increased exhibitor base, exciting special features, a broader speaker program, trade only times, and an ever expanding compliment of design experiences.
Annually the show continues to grow in size, importance and reputation and in 2014 welcomed over 36,000 visitors. IDSwest 2015 will continue to showcase the best in international and local design underlining that Vancouver continues to be one of the strongest real estate and construction markets in Canada.
IDSwest attracts 35,000+ attendees over 3 1/2 days. This includes 5,000 guests to the The Party On Opening Night, 6,000 designers, architects, buyers, builders/developers and other industry professionals during trade day, and an additional 25,000 consumers interested in design.
6,000 interior designers, architects, product specifiers, builders/developers and hotel owners alongside other industry professionals are accredited to attend the trade day for free.
• 25,000+ avid design enthusiasts looking, sourcing and shopping for design products and services:
• 70% female
• 75% homeowners
• 80% of attendees between the age of 25 and 54
• Average household income is over $120,000, with 10% earning over $200,000 per year
• 60% live in the City of Vancouver and 93% reside in the Greater Vancouver area
• 74% have received post secondary degrees
• Over 40% of attendees plan to remodel or refurnish the following rooms in the next 6 months – Living, Bed, Bath rooms, and over 31% plan a kitchen renovation.
• Design was rated as the most important aspect when purchasing home furnishings.
Writers from The Vancouver Sun, Azure Magazine, Homes & Living, Western Living, Design Quarterly, House and Home Media, The Georgia Straight, The Westender, Xtra West, The Globe & Mail, National Post, Gray Magazine, The Huffington Post, Global Television, City TV’s Breakfast Television, and many other outlets, attend and cover the IDSwest event.
Participation is open to manufacturers, distributors, importers, retailers, designers and others interested in marketing, selling and promoting Canadian and International products and services for the design industry.
SHOW DATES & TIMES
• Thursday, September 24th Opening Night | The Party on Opening Night (+ 19) | 6pm – 10pm (Open to Public & Trade)
• Friday, September 25th | Trade Only, No General Public | 9:30am – 5:30pm
• Saturday, September 26th | General Public | 10am – 6pm
• Sunday, September 27th | General Public | 10am – 5pm
ADVANCE TICKET PRICES | Buy Tickets
• Thursday – The Party On Opening Night (+ 19) $20
• Saturday & Sunday, Single Day Adult $12
• Saturday & Sunday – Weekend Pass $20
• Senior (+ 65) $10
• Child under 12 Free
• Advance Ticket Prices End Wednesday September 23rd
BOX OFFICE TICKET PRICES | Buy Tickets
• Thursday – The Party On Opening Night (+ 19) $25
• Saturday & Sunday, Single Day Adult $15
• Saturday & Sunday – Weekend Pass $25
• Senior (+ 65) $10
• Child under 12 Free
• All listed prices are subject to 5% GST tax
via ids west
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for information regarding Vancouver Real Estate 778.991.5881 email@example.com TAC Real Estate Corp.