VANCOVUER LATIN AMERICAN FILM FESTIVAL – SEPTEMBER 1ST – 11TH
Chicogrande – Closing Night Film and Award Ceremony
VLAFF is a registered non-profit charitable organization with the mission to provide a forum for the promotion and exhibition of Latin American cinema. This annual festival promotes dialogue between cultures and explores historical and social issues through the eyes of filmmakers. Since 2003, VLAFF has continued to provide audiences with the unique opportunity of experiencing Latin American cinema in Vancouver.
• To conduct a Film Festival for the purpose of educating and advancing the public’s understanding and appreciation of Latin American cinema.
• To conduct educational workshops and seminars.
• To provide independent filmmakers with the opportunity to display their artistic efforts.
• To provide Canadian audiences with an opportunity to observe a variety of films, which closely reflect the society and people of Latin American countries.
• To generate a network between the Canadian and Latin American film industries and forge an artistic alliance between the two.
VLAFF’S OPENING PARTY AT THE WALDORF – SOLD OUT ! VLAFF is excited to join one of the best venues in town right now, the renovated Waldorf Hotel, for the Opening Night Party of our 2011 Festival. Come and dance cumbia and salsa to the best Latin music following our amazing opening film, El hombre de al lado. During the party, films from VLAFF 9 will be projected on four screens, making the Opening Night a great celebration of Latin American culture! There is no better way to celebrate Latin Cinema than at the Waldorf Hotel, where contemporary art, music, food and culture convene under one roof. The opening film, El hombre de al lado (The Man Next Door), will screen on Thursday September 1st at Granville 7 Cinemas (855 Granville St) at 7 p.m, doors open at 6:30 PM. The party will follow at The Waldorf Hotel, 1489 East Hastings St, at 10:00 p.m. Tickets are $20, which includes the film, the party and one drink!