OPSAL – 1775 QUEBEC STREET – VANCOUVER V5T 1Z3
HISTORY MAEETS LUXURY AT THE TALLEST TOWER IN FALSE CREEK SOUTH
The Opsal Steel building, one of Vancouver’s heritage landmarks, is set to be restored and framed by two striking residential towers. Located at Quebec St. on East 2nd Avenue, the Opsal Steel heritage site is a prime example of early 1900’s construction. Originally the Columbia Block and Tool Company, the building was designed by T.H. Bamforth and built by Dominion Construction in 1918. Today it stands as a visible reminder of the area’s industrial history.
The Opsal Steel building will soon be flanked by two residential towers offering retail and amenity space. Bastion will salvage and incorporate many heritage aspects of the existing site into this exciting new development, including structural elements and artifacts from the building itself.
Serving as a commercial space to connect the two residential towers, Bastion’s restored Opsal Steel heritage building will reuse many elements of its storied past. Original cladding will be reused in the interior courtyard, and the iconic exterior signage will be remounted to the face of the building. The interior will feature a pair of long gable-roofed ranges with high exposed ceilings, displaying the heavy-timber frames from the original structure. A number of artifacts from the steel company’s days-gone-by will also appear, including a gantry crane and wooden casting moulds.
The Opsal Steel project will balance past and present to create a new landmark site in the evolving South East False Creek neighbourhood.
• A vibrant part of Vancouver’s growing False Creek South waterfront community
• Adjacent to the city’s famous seawall – perfect for hours of walking, jogging, cycling, or in-line skating
• Just steps from brand new amenities such as the Creekside Community Recreation Centre and Legacy Liquor Store, as well as a host of future conveniences including The Village Kitchen, Terra Breads Café, London Drugs, and Urban Fare
• A short walk from the Cambie corridor, Main Street, and downtown
• Easy access to major public transit and Aquabus routes, only three minutes from the Olympic Village and Main Street SkyTrain stations, and one block from the future streetcar project along First Avenue
• False Creek South’s tallest tower
• Striking twenty-four storey building designed by award-winning IBI/HB Architects
• Dramatic glass entrance with heritage-inspired water feature showcasing Opsal Steel artifacts
• Extra-spacious, open-air balconies (select homes) with unique staggered design to maximize outdoor enjoyment
• State-of-the-art building envelope technology
• Acoustically engineered, thermally improved double-glazed expansive windows
• Balconies include gas bib for outdoor barbequing in select homes
• 15-year roof warranty
• Heating included in maintenance fees
KITCHENS THAT INSPIRE
• Gourmet stainless steel appliance package:
• Bosch dual-fuel range with gas burners and convection oven system
• Fisher & Paykel smart refrigerator with bottom-mount freezer in two-bedroom homes
• Blomberg counter-depth, integrated panel refrigerators in one-bedroom homes
• Bosch Energy Star dishwasher is virtually silent, with half-load option
• Choice of Bosch over-the-range microwave/hood fan, or designer glass canopy-style hood fan
• Waste King garburator
• Designer two-tone cabinetry in your choice of three designer colour palettes
• Designer-selected composite stone countertops with stainless steel backsplash and (in most homes) a waterfall edge
• Recessed pot lighting
• Under cabinet task lighting
• Soft-close drawers
• Under sink built-in recycling organizer
• Custom cutlery organizer
• Environmentally sensitive features meeting LEED™ Silver standards
• Water-efficient landscaping irrigation and storm water management
• Water-saving faucets, toilets, and showerheads
• Low-emission interior finishings including paint, carpets, wood, and cabinetry
• Stylishly sleek Moen 90 Degree faucets and rain showerheads
• Comfortable contoured soaker tub by Hytec
• Water-conserving toilets with dual-flush by Kohler
• Designer cabinetry in your choice of three designer colour palettes
• Designer mirrored medicine cabinet in high-gloss white
• Comfort heat in ensuite bathroom floors
SAFETY AND SECURITY
• Enterphone system provided by the developer with no lease to strata
• Secured, keyless garage and lobby entrance with security camera
• State-of-the-art fire protection system including monitored fire alarms
• Controlled access to each floor in the building
• Elevator equipped with monitored emergency telephone
• Fully secured underground parking
• 24-hour video surveillance in parkade and lobby
• Third-party warranty insurance provided by Travelers, providing coverage of two years for materials and labour, five years for building envelope, and ten years for structure
• Emergency generator
• Spacious in-building social room and wellness centre with fitness and yoga studio
• Dramatic three-storey glass atrium at ground level featuring restored heritage Opsal Steel crane
• Full heritage restoration of Opsal Steel building as part of 11,500 square feet of future commercial retail, and conveniences for residents
• Car-share program for residents
• Business centre
Convenience never felt this good. Unwind after a long day at Opsal’s private, residents-only spa. Chill out in the lounge while you watch the game or burn a few extra calories on the elipltical. If work really is the priority, the business centre is right there when you need it to increase your productivity or host that casual client meeting. But really, who’s going to get any work done with all the comforts the Opsal Spa has to offer? This is yours to enjoy.
Follow the Water, False Creek South …. With its eclectic dining scene, community amenities, and green spaces, this growing neighbourhood defines the way we live in this city by the sea. Here, you’ll live adjacent to brand new amenities such as the Creekside Community Recreation Centre and Legacy Liquor Store, as well as a host of future conveniences. Whether you choose to follow the water to Granville Island and beyond, or bask in the sun while kayakers, dragon boaters, and seabirds play on the water – this is life on the banks of False Creek, Vancouver’s newest and greatest waterfront community.
In the heart of Vancouver’s newest community …. Many Vancouverites have noticed the immense, barn-like structure on East 2nd Avenue at Quebec, with its red paint peeling and its windows broken. The Opsal Steel building is a fine reminder of False Creek South’s industrial heritage, and one of a very few surviving examples of Vancouver’s turn-of-the-century industrial architecture.
Today, The Opsal Steel building will enter its next chapter. Its heavy timbers and industrial artifacts will be taken apart, piece by piece, with each component numbered, documented, and reassembled as a part of the new Opsal site. For Bastion, this is a site worth preserving, and a story worth telling.
DEVELOPER, BUILDERS WITH CHARACTER
Bastion chooses projects in part for the stories they have to tell. They build their communities to complete and enhance the character of a neighbourhood, and keep the story unfolding. This selective process has resulted in a diverse portfolio and a reputation for progressive design, exceptional construction quality, and a unique ability to integrate form, function, and environment.
Building Name: Opsal
Address: 1775 Quebec Street, Vancouver V5T 1Z3
Developer: Bastion Development Corporation
Architect: IBI/HB Architects
Interior Design: Allison Evans Design Corp.
Price: $283,900 to $1,855,900
Year Built: Estimated Completion in Fall 2013
Unit Sizes: From 409 sf to 1,953 sf
Property Type: Condo, Studio, Penthouse
Area: Vancouver West
Neighbourhood: False Creek South
On Site Manager: N/A
Strata Company: N/A
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on this building, floorplans and pricing. 778.991.5881 firstname.lastname@example.org