STEP BACK IN TIME … EXPERIENCE A TRADITIONAL GERMAN CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL FOR ALL!
Vancouver Christmas Market is an authentic outdoor German Christmas market village featuring unique holiday shopping, seasonal music and entertainment and delicious traditional food and drink. The market will be located on the Plaza at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre (on Georgia, between Cambie and Hamilton) and is guaranteed to get you in the festive mood! You can stroll through the festively decorated outdoor Christmas village that will feature more than 45 traditional wooden booths containing traditional German products and be treated to row upon row of illuminated wooden huts offering handmade gifts and tempting treats. You can listen to the sounds of bells, trumpeters and carolers. As day becomes night, thousands of Christmas lights sparkle and delicious aromas of mulled wine and spicy gingerbread waft through the air. The Vancouver Christmas Market will start on November 24th to December 24th 2011 and will be open daily from 11:00am to 9:00pm. It has been named as one of the 10 most Spectacular Holiday Markets Around the World.
GERMAN CHRISTMAS MARKETS … A 700 YEAR TRADITION
German Christmas markets are a centuries old tradition in Germany. The markets light up communities with gaiety, fun, laughter, companionship, good food and drink during the advent season. Christmas markets were an especially joyous, anticipated event, as they brought light and laughter to a cold, dark season. There are over 2,500 Christmas Markets across Germany, attracting millions of locals and tourists every year. In Vancouver for its second year, the 2011 Vancouver Christmas Market is sure to become a new Vancouver holiday tradition.
Every day, the Vancouver Christmas Market offers a variety of activities for the younger visitors. In the Kids Market area, children can:
• Enjoy a Christmas carousel ride.
• Learn how to personalize their own ginger bread.
• Decorate a chocolate lollipop.
• Tuesdays, it is KIDS DAY ON THE MARKET – meaning special activities on the stage, kids and schools will perform and organize lantern parades for your children!
• A Christmas Carousel is a new addition to this year’s Vancouver Christmas Market. The entire family can enjoy this most anticipated, one of a kind item. A Carousel is a treat for kids of all ages, and it is always SO much fun!
• Come every day to the Market between December 1st and December 24th at noon to help open a window on our special Advent Calendar! Each window that we will open will reveal an image of a small gift to take home. Let’s use the calendar to count the days in anticipation of Christmas together!
• Weekdays from 2:00pm to 4:00pm (registration begins at 1:30pm) we will have PICTURES WITH SANTA on the market stage. Give your kids a chance to sit on Santa’s knee in the unique surrounding of the Vancouver Christmas Market! A visit with Santa also makes for a great photo opportunity and a great gift for your dear family members. Santa will be waiting for your kids on the market stage and they hop on his sleigh while the picture is taken by a professional photographer. The digital photographs will be printed on site and are available for purchase in beautiful gift packages.
Adults (13+ years) – $5 General Admission – $2 Monday to Friday 11:00am – 4:00pm
Youth (7-12 years) – $2
Child (0-6 years) – Free
Multiple Entry Season Pass – $15.00 – Valid for all Market days, includes entry for 1 adult plus 2 kids up to 12
visit us on Flickr
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka, ECO Realty for more information on Vancouver Real Estate 778.991.5881 email@example.com