The first of its kind in North America, the Vancouver International Children’s Festival began as a theatre festival for young audiences presenting international performances. Today the Festival is multi-disciplinary presenting theatre, music, dance, circus, puppetry and storytelling and over the years has been an inspiration to major cities throughout Canada and abroad, where annual children’s festivals now take place. The 2018 festival runs from May 28th to June 3, 2018.
Mission of Vancouver’s International Children’s Festival
They inspire and motivate young minds with professional artistic experiences that transform a child’s understanding of the world around them and what is creatively possible.
Vision of Vancouver’s International Children’s Festival
· VICF aims to be a highly anticipated festival that is recognised internationally for creating a unique and diverse celebration of the arts for children and grown ups.
· In delivering new and diverse world-class live performances, they open a world of creative possibilities. A world in which future generations build on the passion for art and performance they share with us today.
What guides Vancouver’s International Children’s Festival
· SIMPLE: They make it easy for a family/class to spend a day being creatively playful.
· FUN TOGETHER: They make activities fun and creatively adventurous for kids and adults to enjoy together
· QUALITY: They surprise you every year with the extraordinary quality of their programming and their performers.
· CREATIVITY: Imagination and artistic ingenuity governs their decision-making. They are comfortable taking creative risks.
· LOCAL: They look for ways to incorporate and celebrate BC and Canadian artists.
· GLOBAL: They demand diversity in emotional experience: in people, language, ideas, attitudes and culture.
· ARTISTIC RISK: Always looking for new, different, pushing the boundaries work for young audiences 6 months – 13 years of age.
Artistic Vision of Vancouver’s International Children’s Festival
The Vancouver International Children’s Festival Society presents contemporary, inter-disciplinary arts including performance and interactive arts activities that speak to the various ages of their audience. Their inclusive programming is culturally diverse and representative of regional, national and international artists.
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS
· Online: www.ticketstonight.ca
· In person: Vancouver International Children’s Festival Office 301-601 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC
· By phone (for an additional charge of $5): 604-684-2787 ; 1-877-840-0457
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more detailed information on Vancouver Real Estate.
email@example.com MLA Realty 778.991.5881