FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS 2011 – THE OPENING NIGHT WAS A HIT!!!
The Festival of Lights at the VanDusen Garden this year was as magical as always. The turnout was great and the garden filled with both adults and children who were mystified by this truly wonderful yearly event.
• Santa’s Living Room: Dec. 9th – 24th with Santa appearances 5:30, 6:30, 7:30 & 8:30p.m
• Svend and Jens, our Scandinavian Christmas Elves appear nightly in the Centre Court
• Dancing Lights on Livingstone Lake: starting at 4:30p.m. Two different shows – one show on the half hour and a different one at the top of the hour. Two different shows repeating in sequence throughout the evening.
• Gingerbread Wood
• Golden Chain Walk
• Community Choir Concerts on the Deck
• Make-a-Wish Candle Shrine
• Candy Cane Lane
• Sparkling Spruce in the Centre Court
• Candy Cane Express model train
• Dinner nightly at Shaughnessy Restaurant, reservations recommended 604.261.0011
• Mrs Claus’ Kitchen next to Santa’s Living Room and Shaughnessy’s Patio both serving: Hot dogs, smokies, fresh-popped kettle corn, chicken fingers, fresh-baked apple-walnut-cranberry turnovers, and other sweet treats along with hot coffee/tea, hot cider and hot chocolate, pop and bottled water – Cash Only
• Dr. Waffle’s Gourmet Hot Chocolate Bar – Cash Only
• Mr. Ken’s Donuts, a perennial favourite in the Perennial Garden – Cash Only
• Whistler Wood-Fired Pizza Company, pizzas by the slice and whole, baked on site in a wood-fired oven, near the Perennial Garden – Cash Only
• Truffles Café, casual dining in the new Visitor Centre, full menu available
DATES AND TIMES
• 4:30pm – 9:00pm every night. December 9th, 2011 through January 2nd, 2012 – except December 25th when the Garden is closed.
TICKET AND PRICE INFORMATION
• Adult (19-64): $13.50
• Senior (65+): $10.00
• Youth (13-18): $10.00
• Child (3-12): $7.50
• Family (2 adults & their children under 19): $31.00
• VanDusen Members : $10.75
• Children under age 2 are free
• Prices include the 12% HST
Avoid the line-up and purchase advance tickets through Tickets Tonight 604.684.2787 (service charge applies) or in person at the Garden Shop (no service charge) as of November 1. Tickets make a great stocking stuffer or gift for friends, co-workers or clients.
NOTE: In the case of heavy snow storms or other extraordinary weather conditions: please call the Garden Shop 604.257.8665 to confirm that FOL has not been closed for that one evening.
visit us on Flickr to see more photos from the opening night at vandusen garden festival of lights
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka, ECO Realty for more information on Vancouver Real Estate 778.991.5881 firstname.lastname@example.org