The City of Coquitlam has received a rezoning and development application for 675 North Road by Townline & QuadReal for the 1.6 acre site at 675 North Road & 668 Whiting Way in Coquitlam. The Evergreen SkyTrain guideway is located within North Road, to the west of the site. The site is located approximately 330 m (1,080 ft.) from the Burquitlam SkyTrain Station. This mixed-use development consist of two towers and is located in the Burquitlam-Lougheed Neighbourhood Plan. The overall building height of the two towers is as follows: 45-storeys / 143 m (470 ft.) Market Condominium Tower and 18-storeys / 63 m. (200 ft.) Purpose-Built Rental Tower with a commercial podium, with an overall floor area ratio (FAR) of 6.0. The market condominium tower is sited to the south, with the rental tower sited to the north.
Other stunning and very interesting presale projects featured on our blog that will soon be coming to the Burquitlam area are: Burquitlam Park and Whitgift Gardens by Concert Properties and Soco by Anthem Properties and Smith & Farrow by Boffo Developments.
675 North Road by Townline & QuadReal proposes:
· 539 residential units, consisting of 385 market condominium units (inclusive of 34 accessory lock-off units), 154 purpose-built rental units inclusive of 20 below-market rental units
· Market condominium unit summary offers: 144 One Bedrooms, 70 One Bedroom+Den, 119 Two Bedrooms, 52 Three Bedrooms (In which 34 will be lock-off units)
· Market rental unit summary offers: 27 Studios, 58 One Bedrooms, 35 Two Bedrooms and 14 Three Bedrooms
· Below-Market rental unit summery offers: 2 Studios, 8 One Bedrooms, 8 Two Bedrooms and 2 Three Bedrooms
· 1,645 sq. m. (17,700 sq.ft.) of commercial space, consisting of ten ground level commercial retail units
· 665 parking spaces
· 2,695 sq. m. (35,300 sq. ft.) of common amenity space
· The indoor market condominium amenity spaces are 2,388 sq. m. (25,700 sq. ft.) and are located on levels 2, 3 and 45 in the tower. Programming consists of: Music rooms, lounges, gym, yoga room, two guest suites, games room and kitchen
· Indoor rental amenity spaces are 887 sq. m. (9,500 sq. ft.) and are located on levels 2, 3 and 18. Programming consists of: Gym, lounges, dog wash room, game room and kitchen
· Both the rental tower and condominium tower feature outdoor rooftop terraces adjacent a sky lounge
· Occupants of the market condominiums and rental units will have shared access to the level 3 outdoor amenity area, including the pool and children’s play area
· A new east/west pedestrian connection
· Sedum green roofs are proposed on portions of the podium. Benefits of green roofs include reduced urban heat island effect and improved stormwater management
· The proposed development will be built to LEEDSilver equivalency
The dominant architectural feature of 675 North Road by Townline & QuadReal is a continuous dark clad ribbon that serves to unify the towers with the podium. This ribbon wraps the perimeter of the podium and extends up both towers, reducing the apparent width of the towers. The vertical expression of the dark ribbon provides contrast to the lighter horizontal glazing and banding on internal faces of the towers.
A horizontal break in the condominium tower is set at the height of the rental tower, which helps break down the height of the project. This break and other upper level cuts in the two towers create deeper terraces and common rooftop deck areas populated with large scale plantings.
The podium fronting North Road contains commercial retail units (CRU) with double height ceilings, to read as a two-storey podium. There is one commercial unit located in the second storey, at the southwest corner of the site. Weather protection is provided along the majority of the commercial frontage. Townhouse units with individual patios front Whiting Way and the proposed east/west walkway near the north property line, and help activate these frontages.
The contemporary expression of the architecture contains contrasts of light and dark, and transparency and opacity. Materials consist of vision and spandrel glazing, metal and stone cladding, and architectural and painted concrete. Higher quality materials including the metal and stone cladding are applied at the podium/street level. The colour palette generally consists of dark and light greys, and white.
The site for 675 North Road by Townline & QuadReal is 6,579 sq. m. (1.6 acre) and is located in the Burquitlam-Lougheed Neighbourhood Plan (BLNP), on the east side of North Road, and is bound by a proposed east/west walkway to the north, Whiting Way to the east, Shepherd Avenue to the south, and North Road to the west.
The site is designated Transit Village Commercial and zoned RM-2 Three-Storey Medium Density Apartment Residential. Currently, there are two existing purpose-built rental buildings which will be removed as a condition of subdivision registration. The building located at 675 North Road (76 units) was built in 1977, while the building located at 668 Whiting Way (17 units) was built around 1973.
The applicant purchased 675 North Road in April 2018 and 668 Whiting Way in July 2018. The topography of the site slopes downward in a southwest direction, with the high point of the site being at the northeast corner. There is approximately 4 m (13 ft.) of elevation difference between the northeast and southwest corners of the site.
Market Condominium Units
· Market condominiums are proposed in the southern tower, with lobby access from Whiting Way
· The proposed 385 market condominium units consist of one-, one plus den, two-and three-bedroom units
· 52 (14%) of the units have three bedrooms and are proposed to be located in the townhouses fronting Whiting Way, and levels 4-20 and 42-44
· 34 of the three-bedroom units contain one lock-off unit (8.8% of the total market condominium units) that are comparable to a studio unit. The proposed individual lock-off units are 29 sq. m. (312 sq. ft.) in size, have their own kitchen and bathroom and are separated by a lockable access door from the main dwelling unit
· Rental units are proposed in the northern tower, with lobby access from North Road
· A total of 154 rental units (134 market and 20 below-market) are proposed with a total FAR of 1.5, in compliance with the Official Community Plan
· For the purpose of the proposed rental building, the applicant/owner has partnered with OuadReal Property Group who intends to own all of the purpose-built rental units
· OuadReal Property Group is partnering with BC Housing as the operator and leaseholder for the 20 below-market rental units. The below- market rental units are to be rented at 25% below market rates, and income eligibility requirements will apply to tenants. The units will be located on portions of floors three to ten in the rental tower
Building Name: 675 North Road
Address: 675 North Road & 668 Whiting Way, Coquitlam BC
Developer: Townline & QuadReal Property Group
Interior Design: N/A
Year Built: N/A
Levels: 45-storey market condominium tower and 18-storey purpose-built rental tower with commercial podium
Suites: 539 residential units, consisting of 385 market condominium units & 154 purpose-built rental units inclusive of 20 below-market rental units
Property Type: Residential, Commercial
Deposit Structure: N/A
Cost/Square Foot: N/A
Monthly Maintenance: N/A
Cost To Purchase Parking: N/A
Cost To Purchase Storage: N/A
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on 675 North Road, floor plans & pricing.
email@example.com Zolo Realty 778.991.5881
Please take a moment to fill in the form below so I can keep you updated on 675 North Road as more information comes in. Pricing and more detailed information will be released shortly or simply revisit Vancouver4life.com to check for more updates.
E.&.O.E. This is not an offering for sale. Such offering may be made by Disclosure Statement only.