Arno Matis Architecture has asked city hall to rezone a long-time car lot at 2290 Main Street, at the corner of East 7th Avenue, for a mixed-used building with 89 residential units. Included in its submission is an account of some of the highlights of Mount Pleasant’s past after European settlement, starting in the late 1850s, when pioneers from B.C.’s gold-rush era came to the area. Years later, a resident named the spot in honour of her birthplace in Ireland, and Mount Pleasant was born.
Only on Main Street could you find a place like FOCAL. A boutique 9 storey concrete development located right on the corner of Main and 7th, steps to delicious eateries, independent retailers and eclectic shops. Designed to maximize the sweeping hilltop views, these junior-one, one, two and three bedroom homes priced starting from the mid-200′s have been mindfully positioned to take advantage of the various outlooks – over half the homes (even those on the lower floors) have awe-inspiring views of downtown and the North Shore Mountains.
Perched on one of the most coveted view sites in Vancouver, FOCAL is a landmark building that sets a new standard in design sophistication. Located at the cross-section of Main, Kingsway and 7th Avenue, FOCAL responds to the diagonal and orthogonal street grid by laying several different geometric forms, alternating and staggering them to allow for production of passive solar heating and cooling. With nine stories, FOCAL not only maximizes views and light, but complements the area by creating more transparency for surrounding buildings.
Focal is all about intelligent, artful design. A look that’s honest and natural, not precious. It takes a thoughtful approach to a living environment, one that’s never contrived. With Riesco & Lapres Interior Design at the helm, Focal brings design down to the most basic, artful elements, with honest, natural materials. Quite simply, Focal was designed by and for people who love design.
• Stunning views of the downtown city skyline and North Shore
• Mountains, even from lower floors
• Unique staggered building architecture, never before seen in the Lower Mainland
• Radiant heating system
• LEED Gold innovative homes
• Artfully crafted interiors designed by Riesco & Lapres including two stylish colour palettes – Contrast or Diverse
• Expansive over-height ceilings in most homes
• 8’6” ceilings on floors 2 – 7
• 8’10” ceilings on floors 8 – 10
• Engineered hardwood flooring throughout main living areas
• Durable carpet in bedrooms
• Sleek roller shade window coverings
• Blomberg stacking washer and dryer
• Corian or stainless steel (upgrade option) countertops with back painted glass backsplash
• Kitchen islands in larger homes
• Vitsoe’s iconic universal 606 wall mounted open shelving system, designed by Dieter Rams
• Stainless steel undermount sink with quality pull-out spray
• Contemporary stainless steel appliance package includes:
• Blomberg fridge with bottom-mount freezer
• Blomberg integrated dishwasher with hidden controls
• AEG gas cooktop
• AEG built-in wall oven
• Powerful European design Venmar hood fan
• Living Square above counter porcelain sink, a Kartell by Laufen collaboration
• European-inspired matte black American Standard fixtures
• Custom designed bathroom vanity with pull-out drawers and quartz countertops
• Matte porcelain mosaic shower tile and large format floor tile
• 4,900 sq. ft. landscaped common rooftop patio with awe-inspiring views of downtown and the North Shore Mountains
• Multi-functional amenity social space on the second floor complete with kitchenette, dining and lounge area with big screen TV all extending to a fantastic outdoor south east facing patio with barbeque – perfect for entertaining!Communal artist workshop off the lobby
• Ample bike storage to keep your bicycle safe after taking it for a spin around the Sea Wall
ABOUT THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
Mount Pleasant has a unique, artistic quality that makes it a real neighbourhood, not just another part of Vancouver. With eclectic shops, delicious eating spots and unparalleled coffee houses (and micro-breweries that are springing to life), Mount Pleasant has a buzz of activity distinctly its own. But it’s not just an urban centre: nine parks are scattered through the area, making it easy to walk your dog or have an impromptu picnic. Best of all, everything on Main Street is within walking distance of FOCAL – from the Foundation to the Cascade Room – with local shop and restaurant owners who are truly part of the community.
Building Name: Focal
Address: 2290 Main Street, Vancouver East V5T
Developer: Reside Developments Ltd.
Architect: Arno Matis Architecture
Interior Design: Riesco & Lapres
Year Built: Estimated Completion in Fall/Winter 2016
Prices: From $269,900 to $1,599,900
Unit Sizes: From 405 sf to 1,593 sf
Property Type: Condos, Townhomes, Live-work Artist Lofts with retail on ground floor
Area: Vancouver East
Deposit Structure: $10,000 bank draft at contract signing, Balance of 10% on 7th day after contract acceptance, 5% upon deliver of Amendment to Disclosure Statement – A total of 15%.
Cost/Square Foor: N/A
Monthly Maintenance: N/A
Cost To Purchase Parking: Parking is not included in JR 1 Bedrooms, JR 1 Bedrooms + Flex, 1 Bedrooms + Flex & Live/Work Lofts. Parking is included in the purchase price for all other units.
Cost To Purchase Storage: N/A
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Focal, floor plans & pricing.
email@example.com TAC Real Estate Corp. 778.991.5881
Please take a moment to fill in the form below so I can keep you updated on Focal as more information comes in. Pricing and more detailed information will be released shortly or simply revisit Vancouver4life.com to check for more updates.
This is not an offering for sale. E. & O.E. Reside Developments Ltd. and/or Magnum Projects collects personal information from individuals on a voluntary basis through Registration Forms. The information provided is used to promote Reside Developments Ltd. and/or Magnum Projects’ products that meet individual needs or that might be of interest to individuals based on information provided and approved by Reside Developments Ltd. and/or Magnum Projects. This information is also used to assess advertising and marketing initiatives and to obtain demographic information, household information and preference information. Rendering is an artistic representation only.