OUR LIST OF BEST HALLOWEEN EVENTS FOR 2010
1. STANLEY PARK HALLOWEEN GHOST TRAIN – October 8 – 31, 6:00pm – 10:00pm (611 Pipeline Road, Vancouver). Stanley Park’s famous Miniature Train transforms into the best kid-friendly Halloween attraction in Vancouver. Reinvented every year with a new theme, the Ghost Train takes its passengers through a world filled with spooky surprises and live-action tableaux, courtesy of the amazing Mortal Coil Performance Society. The 2010 theme is “Alice in Nightmareland,” which means that the Mad Hatter sends off every train and tableaux include the (stilt-walking) Red Queen and Alice fighting the Jabberwocky. Come aboard the Ghost Train and afterwards visit the Haunted Farmyard!
2. THE OTHERWORLD: PARADE OF LOST SOULS – October 30, 5:00pm – 9:00pm (Mysterious Location, TBA on that day). The Dusty Flowerpot crew will be enticing locals into our back alleys, streets, and open spaces to awaken their neighbourly spirits. Participants are invited to come in costume and in character. Residents along the route are transforming their homes in order to set the stage with our artists. Public Dreams will be also be hosting an interactive, family-friendly celebration at Britannia Community Centre, between 5pm and 9pm. Start there to discover the location of the walks. Free Event
3. SPOOKY SEAS – VANCOUVER AQUARIUM – October 16 – 31 (845 Avison Way, Vancouver). Be afraid, be very, very afraid …. Beware of skulls, bones and spine-chilling adventures. The spooktacular Halloween programs feature fun, family-friendly activities for all ages. You don’t want to miss Spooky Seas! From hauntingly decorated galleries to true tales of shipwrecks off the B.C. coast complete with real shipwreck treasures in our Treasures of the B.C. Coast Gallery. Board a pirate ship and get swept away in 4D with the film, The Curse of Skull Rock.
4. THRILL THE WORLD – October 23rd, 4:00 pm (Roundhouse Turntable Plaza, Vancouver). The annual worldwide simultaneous “Thriller” dance, is one Halloween event that is all about joy, even if it is done in bloody zombie make-up. “Thriller” dance is not only a wold record-setting event, it is a tribute to Michael Jackson and also a charity. Last year $4,500 was raised for the Greater Vancouver Food Bank and 240 people participated in the Dance. Free Event
5. BLACK ROSE CEMETERY – (2426 Harrison Dr, Vancouver). All donations will be given to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank. Free Event
6. FRIGHT NIGHTS – PNE – Oct 15 – 31, 6:00pm – till late nightly (2901 East Hastings Street, Vancouver). Fright Nights at Playland is for the far out, freaked out, fun lovers of the Halloween spirit. Don’t miss out the scariest Halloween event in Vancouver.
7. DUNBAR HAUNTED HOUSE – Oct 15 – 31, Sun – Thur 1:00pm – 9:00pm, Fri – Sat 1:00pm – Midnight, Halloween Night 1:00pm – Midnight (6478 Dunbar St, Vancouver). The Dunbar Haunted House offers a different theme every year. This year’s theme is “Terror of History”. Mechanical ghoulies together with live actors are scattered around the haunted house to add some extra scare factors to the mix. The Dunbar Haunted House display is static and hence more suitable for younger children during day light hours from 1 – 6: 30 pm. Admission is by donation and this year all proceeds will go to the B.C. Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund, the Christmas Bureau and the Vancouver Police Union Charity Foundation. Free Event
8. GRANVILLE ISLAND – KIDS MARKET – Oct 31, 11:00am – 3:30pm. Granville Island is ranked as one of the best places to take kids in Vancouver. For Halloween they will offer a free hot dog and a warm beverage for children in costume. There will be a magic show for children all ages and Trick or Treating throughout Kids Market stores. Free Event
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Vancouver Real Estate. 778.991.5881 email@example.com