This low-rise residential project Red Maple Residences by Innovision Development is proposed for a site situated along the north side of East 3rd Street. This area and in particular 3rd Street has experienced a significant amount of redevelopment in recent years as a part of the City’s vision to provide higher density housing options close to the downtown core. The proposal is for a market condominium development with 57 units.
Red Maple Residence by Innovison Development will offer 31 One Bedroom+Den units, 3 Two Bedroom units, 15 Two Bedroom+Den units , 4 Three Bedroom units and 4 Three Bedroom+Den units, a multipurpose amenity room and fitness facility are also provided for residents.
Red Maple Residence by Innovison Development is located on a steeply sloping site. The abiding massing is broken down into three main components: a series of highly articulated three storey expression with two storey townhouses and entry lobby that form the base; a middle section with strong alternating cantilevered slab pattern and a terraced top with large south-facing rooftop terraces. Unit plans on typical floor care arranged to maximize privacy between units by limiting the number of balconies adjacent to each other. The upper floor is recessed further back from the street allowing for larger roof terraces and minimizing the sale of the building when viewed from the street.
The building is designed to be a contemporary response to this evolving architectural character in the neighbourhood; characterized by clean lines, simple geometries, as well as a layering of materials and use of ocular and pattern. The surrounding natural environment of mountains, ocean and trees also influences the building character. Inspiaration from these sources becomes evident in the architectural language:
· Asymmetry in the composition of the lower floors provides areas of exuberance such as at the entry contrasted with areas of visual quiet of the background walls.
· Vertical wall planes contrast with large expanses of glass that together frame, direct and at times edit views.
· An alternating pattern of balcony slabs are used to accentuate the horizontal nature of the middle of the building, as well as providing shading.
· Interior spaces are oriented to maximize daylight, views and control unwanted solar gain.
· Interior public corridors enjoy access to natural light at opposite ends of the building, while the two exit stairs are located to encourage their use by again providing natural light while opening up to southern views.
· There is a strong integration of indoor and outdoor spaces with all roof areas (below the main roof) being designed as private outdoor terraces.
· The colours and materials for the project seek to reinforce the unique architectural contemporary character of the building. The overall colour palette is relatively light restrained, and plays a secondary role to the highly articulated facade.
· The townhomes aren lower floors of the building employ a darker richer colour palette than the upper floors.
· Soothe brick is laid in a geometric “Flemish” pattern with alternating projecting bricks for added texture and visual interest.
· Townhouse entry doors are charcoal coloured and feature a vertical pattern.
· The upper floors of the building are predominantly off-white metal panels. Darker grey panels are used at the top floor to visually recede.
· A metallic rust colour is used as an accent on some of the spandrel glass, while remaining spandrel glass is predominantly a contrasting charcoal colour.
· A decorative laser cut screen of corten steel is proposed for above the main entry and is layered over the indoor amenity spaces, while framing the common amenity terrace.
· Silver window mullions are used throughout the building with the exception of the townhouses on the lower two floor where they are charcoal.
Building Name: Red Maple Residences
Address: 236-248 East 3rd Street, North Vancouver BC
Developer: InnoVision Development Corp
Architect: DA Architects and Planners
Interior Design: False Creek Design Group
Marketed By: Pacesetter Marketing
Year Built: Estimated Completion in N/A
Unit Sizes: N/A
Property Type: Residential
Area: North Vancouver
Neighbourhood: Lower Lonsdale
Deposit Structure: N/A
Cost/Square Foot: N/A
Monthly Maintenance: N/A
Cost To Purchase Parking: N/A
Cost To Purchase Storage: N/A
Contact Agnieszka Stryjecka for more information on Red Maple Residences, floor plans & pricing.
email@example.com Zolo Realty 778.991.5881
Please take a moment to fill in the form below so I can keep you updated on Red Maple Residences as more information comes in. Pricing and more detailed information will be released shortly or simply revisit Vancouver4life.com to check for more updates.
E.&.O.E. This is not an offering for sale. Such offering may be made by Disclosure Statement only.